Guess what?? I'm working on forgiving that smart guy who did not want to admit that he formatted my hard disk. Realising that I cannot do anything about it but only to trust God, figured that it's really not worth my soul to not forgive that person, whoever he is. He could even be reading my blog.
I did not set out to think about that while walking this morning. Did not want to waste my time, so pulled out my memory verses to go through those that I have already memorised. Guess what? God speaks anytime, this would include even when you try not to listen (oh, that's when He speaks even louder than normal) ! Oh well, surprise surprise! Okay, so the verse that struck me was John 14:21, "21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." So the smart one here asked God how she can love God. Then it dawned on her, "Duh! By obeying Him lah! What else?". So as they say, the rest is history.
I think very often we are like that with God, just like how that guy did not want to admit and pushed the responsibility to someone else. We try to hide, runaway but what can we hide from the All-knowing God? Who are we kidding man? Better own up I would say. That's the safest thing to do unless we don't want to experience the freedom of guilt that comes with His forgiveness. So I guess now I'm 'forced' to trust God to get a good job to feed myself in the future.
I wonder how I would fare in interviews. If they ask theoretical questions, I'm doomed. I usually return back whatever terms I have learned to my lecturers once the paper is examined. Bad bad bad bad. Okay, got to start doing my long list of things. Take care.
same yet different,
gracey
I did not set out to think about that while walking this morning. Did not want to waste my time, so pulled out my memory verses to go through those that I have already memorised. Guess what? God speaks anytime, this would include even when you try not to listen (oh, that's when He speaks even louder than normal) ! Oh well, surprise surprise! Okay, so the verse that struck me was John 14:21, "21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." So the smart one here asked God how she can love God. Then it dawned on her, "Duh! By obeying Him lah! What else?". So as they say, the rest is history.
I think very often we are like that with God, just like how that guy did not want to admit and pushed the responsibility to someone else. We try to hide, runaway but what can we hide from the All-knowing God? Who are we kidding man? Better own up I would say. That's the safest thing to do unless we don't want to experience the freedom of guilt that comes with His forgiveness. So I guess now I'm 'forced' to trust God to get a good job to feed myself in the future.
I wonder how I would fare in interviews. If they ask theoretical questions, I'm doomed. I usually return back whatever terms I have learned to my lecturers once the paper is examined. Bad bad bad bad. Okay, got to start doing my long list of things. Take care.
same yet different,
gracey
No comments:
Post a Comment