biking with the wind blowing me...

yeah, hoping that my mind makes some sense in writing. my sense of black and white in matters relating to life and thoughts are becoming blurred - i hope not by the influence of new age but rather by the influence and my human understanding of the grace of God. i want these recordings to become a reminder of God's faithfulness in my golden days.
So, welcome my friend, let's learn together. I beckon you.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

All In A Week

Cooking for 300+ for lunch and dinner!, spraining my left ankle, leading Thursday Night Evangelism (for the next quarter!) and staying overnight at a friend's place: All In a Week's Life.

It really started off with so much excitement on Monday (and oh I am so looking forward to this week!), and then as the pressure built and everything that could go wrong went wrong on Tuesday's dinner, I felt beaten up by the end of it. The dinner ended up really well though, the tastes came together despite the supplier's mix-up of the sauce that we were looking for and the so-called "Soy Sesame" sauce (yeah, right! it came with white wine vinegar!). Through the pressure cooker, I learnt the value of teamwork, communication and humility but I learnt most loudly, leaning on the Lord. As if I haven't learnt enough of that lately. (Smelling pride there?) ;)

Then Wednesday came and I was challenged to be in charge of getting lunch out. Woot! Wait a minute, I certainly did not feel up to it yet after the Tuesday Tyrant! Oh well, rise up and hello, Jesus! Lunch went well with a few glitches! Lessons: Do not assume that everyone will follow exact instructions nor understand them; not everyone understands the concept of cooking and all aspects of it, and always, ALWAYS be out there to LEAD. Hello, Jesus!

The rest of Wednesday was really chill for me because I got to go supplier visiting! In the evening though, while walking home, I sprained my ankle! On hindsight it felt like it as if it was someone there holding my ankle and twisting it on purpose! It felt like a deliberate twist! Bam! I felt so low after that because come Thursday, I would be leading evangelism for the first time with Mike M at the feeding ministry around town!

Oh Thursday started as a day of lows, but calling out for help was a great idea! Sala stood with me in prayer, and my spirit was lifted. That night went really well, and I got to talk to a homeless man originally from Mauritius who ended up on the streets because of many different reasons. He has a wonderful eye for details and a poet at heart! He showed us his photographs with different meaningful quotations and shared a little about his family. Oh, what a broken heart he has! He shed some tears when we encouraged him and showed value to his work, and most of all, to him. I pray God's angels will keep him safe.

Maybe some ideas and thoughts I have do come from the Holy Spirit. It is a thought I have had for some time now, because I do believe that God gave me a reasoning and logical mind which means He also speaks to me through logic and reason. That was how Friday ended: A provoking thought on the fact that my suspicions could very well be true, and that I am not quite as carnal as believers might decide once they hear the 'voices' in my head. Jesus was a tonal and straight to the point man, and He did make me that way (of course it doesn't mean that my motivations are always pure and lovely).

And it will be a friends' day today! Friends, fun and food! Thank you God for a wonderful day ahead!

lovely lovely gracey.

No comments: