Learning to do wound cleaning...on an orange. That's right, ORANGE. And enjoying it. Totally.
Golf Classic Fundraiser. I was trying to golf - goof. :)
And Australia Day fireworks at Swan River. It was an awesome fireworks display!
Wow! It's been a great one month back here in Perth! Although I did not immediately feel at home, I eventually did. There are 10 students in the school I am doing, and with 80% of us speaking English as a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th language.
We celebrated as a base the 50th Anniversary of YWAM International, and followed by the 25th for YWAM Perth. It was an exciting week with lots of nice food and nice company (yes, my friends who spoke my languages came all the way from Asia!) to join us for the celebrations. It was good seeing them again and be able to spend good time catching up and reconnected ourselves.
It was a priviledge to be in the same room as the founders of YWAM International, Loren and Darlene Cunningham and listening to all their stories and exhortation. God was not just faithful to YWAM for 50 years, He had been faithful to both Loren and Darlene all their lives. It is a wonderful God we serve.
Celebrating YWAM Perth's 25th was fun and relaxing and very good for the soul. I love YWAM Perth. It is truly an exciting and wonderful base to be in. All the goofing around and fun-loving people make it feel more like home. God is so good to me. :)
And I am blessed beyond my socks for my friend who generously allows me to use her Macbook whenever I need to, and has never said no before. I live in a wonderful house with wonderful people who love me for who I am. I am grateful - very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment